Baby goes to market
This week our book is 'Baby goes to market'.
After listening to the story the children might...
* Paint or draw some fruit. Remember to ask them what they have drawn (and maybe even why).
* Count food.
* Act out the story - They could even use teddies and dolls as the characters.
* Set up their own market at home and play shop keepers.
* Try different foods and describe them.
* Make up a dance.
* Listen to other stories linked to food and growing - We've saved some here: https://www.st-johns-pri.bham.sch.uk/stories-read-by-staff/
*Make fruit out of play dough.
*Make junk models of fruit.
*Sort fruit (e.g by colour, size, shape, weight)
We hope that these suggestions might give you some inspiration for activities that you can do at home. Please don't feel you have to do them all though.