Welcome to Nursery
14th - 18th September - Stay and play sessions
We will welcome you to our 1 hour stay and play sessions. Our intention is that you and your child feel safe in the setting and we can build relationships. You have now been allocated a Monday and Tuesday OR Wednesday and Thursday session.
Frequently asked questions
How are we making sessions covid safe?
* We ask that only adult per child comes to each session.
* We have hand sanitisation and wash facilities for your safety. Please practise using these with your child.
* Staff will wear visors and we ask parents to wear masks as much as possible.
* All parents/ carers stay in the garden - only 1 parent inside.
* We are asking parents/ carers to inform the school office if they have covid.
* We ask that children stay at home if they or parents are feeling unwell.
How can I prepare my child for Nursery?
* Talk about going to Nursery and what fun they are going to have.
* Use pretend play to explore the idea of Nursery.
* Make a game out of self-help skills e.g
- unzipping coat
- hanging coat up
- putting shoes on
- washing hands
- going to the toilet
Tips for the night before Nursery
Tips for the first day of Nursery
What does my child need to wear?
What should my child bring in the Autumn Term?
Miss Benton - Nursery Teacher
Miss Holt - Nursery Teaching Assistant
Mrs Alahee - Nursery Teaching Assistant
Miss Ibbetson - Nursery Teaching Assistant
Mrs Harborne - Early Years Lead
Tips for supporting children at home...
1) Sing (a lot).