Use these earthquake video links.
Use these subheadings to organise your facts.
-What is an earthquake?
- What is a tsunami? (What caused the earthquake?)
2. Earthquakes and tectonic plates.
Investigate plate boundaries: Go to https://www.amnh.org/explore/ology/earth/plates-on-the-move2 Where are they? Why are they there? What causes an earthquake?
- identify the tectonic plates
- compare the map of where earthquakes occur and the map of plate boundaries.
Where are most earthquakes happening? Why?
3. Play the Plates on the Move Game - https://www.amnh.org/explore/ology/earth/plates-on-the-move2/game
Use a range of different materials and media to create a piece of Volcano Artwork!
You could use paint, foil, cellophane, felt, pastels. Will you use hot or cold colours to create your volcano?
Here are some examples inspired by artist Nick Rowland.