We wanted to wish you a fantastic Easter holiday from all of the Nursery Team.
To honour the importance of play - we will not be setting any work over the next 2 weeks and staff will not make weekly telephone calls. Calls will resume during the week beginning Monday 20th April. Children can continue to use the recommended websites and suggestions on this website. If the kids are getting a bit bored, please look through our Nursery page as there are lots of brilliant activities to do.
We have two optional projects to keep the children busy:
It has been so great to hear from families and get updates about what you have been up to.
We think you are AMAZING and doing such an incredible job with the children in these challenging times.
We also really appreciate the feedback you have given. Please watch out for updates as we respond to suggestions. We will adapt our support to make sure that we are providing the most useful resources and guidance we can.
Accordingly, I wanted to update you on where we are going, using your feedback so far:
1) Families enjoy connection We hear you and value the power of connection.
If you have not given us your email address yet, please email us on email@example.com
2) It's hard for the children (and families) when they can't go out. Young children need lots of movement which makes restrictions on going outside even more challenging.
3) Children are finding it hard to understand what is going on
4) Families are worried that play is not learning We wanted to reassure you that play IS learning. Young children learn best when they learn through play. We've been having some great conversations about the wonderful play that's happening at home. We found that these resources explain in really well.
Here's a taster:
5) Families would like offline activities
Although online learning is useful, we totally agree that it's not good for the children to be online all the time.
Again, we wanted to share our huge admiration for you and all that you do for the children.
Miss Benton and the Nursery team