Remote learning from January 2022
Dear Parents and Carers,
We hope you are ok in these uncertain times and we are so sorry to hear that some of you are unwell with Covid. Please know that we are here for you should you need any support.
If your child has to isolate due to Covid, please let the school office know by calling 0121 675 1469.
If your children feel well enough to complete school work at home, they will find remote learning on the school website. Here is how to access it:
Go to the ‘Class Pages’ tab in the top right hand corner of the home screen
Select the relevant Year Group
Select ‘Remote Learning’
Select the current week.
Please know that there is no expectation for the children to work if they feel unwell, though.
Mrs Large will be in touch with you (via direct email) to check you are ok. You can then contact Mrs Large directly via that email address if you need help with remote learning (which can then be done via email/phone/Teams etc), or support with anything else. (Please do not feel you need to read/respond to the email if you feel too unwell, though.)
We wish those of you who are poorly a very speedy recovery and send our best wishes.
Remote Learning is what happens in any of these circumstances:
- Your child is having to self-isolate because of Covid in their household.
- Your child's bubble has been sent home from school.
- We are in lockdown and the school is closed.
The documents below outline what Remote Learning at St John's looks like. It tells you:
- How we intend to teach your child.
- How your child can find work.
- How your child can send in work to be marked.
We have divided our Remote Learning into three categories:
1) Nursery- Year 1
2) Year 2- Year 6.
3) The Seedling/Sunflower Hubs- children who attend the hubs will have work set on Padlet and on the website.
We believe that these three categories help children to receive effective Remote Learning in an age and developmentally-appropriate way.
How else will we keep in touch with you during lockdown?
- We will have a collective worship or assembly on a Monday and Friday morning at 9am. Links will be sent out the day before so that you can join on any internet-enabled device. You will not need to log in.
- We will send out regular ParentMails.
- Our Facebook page (accessed from our Home page) will be updated regularly, and we will give you and your children opportunities to send in pictures and run competitions so that you still feel part of the St John's Family.
- Our website is updated frequently. All letters are added, and also put under Latest News.
- Class pages on the website contain messages and challenges for your children and these are updated daily.
- In Years 2-6, staff will use the Class Team board to post messages to all of the children. They will see them in Teams meetings.
- In Nursery- Year 1, staff will call your child every week to check how they are getting on with the work on Padlet.
You will always be able to reach us at email@example.com or 0121 675 1469.
We are here to help.
What happens if my child does not engage?
Nursery- Year 1:
Years 2- Year 6: