Welcome to St John’s CE Primary School.
St John’s is a learning community in which Staff, children and parents work together for excellence and continuous improvement in a stimulating and exciting learning environment.We encourage independence, personal responsibility and good citizenship within a Christian framework.Our dedicated staff team offer children a broad and balanced curriculum. Children are encouraged to develop enquiring minds; to question, reason and make decisions.We put great emphasis on the development of social skills and encourage all children to become responsible, confident citizens. We help children to develop high self-esteem and to act towards others with care and respect. We pride ourselves on our high standards; both academically and in the way our children behave and present themselves. We aim to develop independent thinkers with a love of learning within a Christian framework. We put great emphasis on children becoming the best they can be in all areas of life. We ensure our children work hard, but also ensure that they have fun! We are proud of all that we achieve in school, catering for individual children within a caring environment.
Through our curriculum we aim to:
- Develop each child to their full potential
- Ensure that all children feel valued and experience success
- Equip the children with basic skills in literacy and numeracy
- Provide an atmosphere which enables the children to have good self-esteem
- Help children become independent, co-operative, confident, active and reflective learners
- Foster in our children a caring thoughtful nature, leading them to become reliable, responsible members of society
- Equip children to be able to take pride in and look after their surroundings
- Help children to take personal responsibility, make choices and develop purpose for their lives
We believe that we need to ensure equal opportunities for all. We aim to eliminate discrimination of all kinds. All our children are encouraged to have a positive cultural identify. Our curriculum reflects the importance of the children’s culture, language and special needs. It is also vital that children, regardless of their gender, should experience a full range of learning skills. Whilst the purpose of our school is to educate the children according to Christian principles, we also raise awareness of the fundamentals of some of the major world religions. Through learning about each others’ beliefs and customs at school, we aim to develop in the children a tolerant and respectful attitude towards others in the wider communities of Sparkhill and the City of Birmingham. We are proud of the partnership between parents, children, staff, governors and the local community. We recognize that our success depends on all of those people who support our school.
Executive Head Teacher